Monday, April 28, 2008

Raul Guerrero


On the same field trip for my installation art class to the Escondido Center for the Arts Museum, I was also intrigued by an artist called Raul Guerrero. He is an artist that exolores the notion that a sense of history is of the utmost importance. His work that was displayed was very culturally enhanced. He had a lot of works that combined the Mexican and American culture. The work that I really liked were the two pieces entitled Mexican and American Food Chorizo Combination: La Posta, 2006 and Mexican and American Food Hot Dog: Wienerschnitzel, 2006. They were both oil on canvas'. I really liked all of the bright colors and the play on food with faces. Maybe another reason why I love these pieces so much is because I am completely obsessed with Mexican food...yummy!

No comments: