Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Duby Tal



Cover, Book on Dead Sea by Duby Tal, I felt, was an amazing photograph because of the great texture and bold colors. The image doesn’t look like the Dead Sea; it is full of textures from the salt that forms pocket like holes. The contrast of the white from the salt and the turquoise blue water add interesting contrast the Israeli landscape behind the water. This image is a very realistic shot, but at first glance, it almost appears abstract. This is why I was drawn to this piece first.Another image by Duby Tal that intrigued me was called Dead Sea Sinkholes. This image really plays up drastic color and pattern, as well as texture and unity. At first, I did not understand what the image was, then I read about how the sinkholes are formed in the Dead Sea and I found it interesting that each sinkhole captured in this image was a different, bold color. It really draws the viewer’s eyes to the sinkholes first. As a mirror image of the brown, green and orange sinkholes, in the water to the right are three more sinkholes, but we see them under the water in what appears to be a deeper part of the Dead Sea, making them look like shadows of the sinkholes on the left. Like I said before about the first image, I like how Tal makes a realistic image look abstract. I like how his images are bold. He is very inspiring to me. Although all my images in my book are black and white, I can only hope that they are as beautiful as his images are. These photographs are absolutely amazing!

No comments: