Monday, April 28, 2008

Ernest Silva



Again, on that same field trip to the Escondido Center for the Arts Museum, another artist whose work was displayed was Ernest Silva. He drew inspiration family photographs and expeiences to create his works of art. He used acrylic on canvas, but I have to say that his technique was very different from any artist I've seen thats used acrylic. He would water down his paints and have them dripping down his pieces. The paint looked like it could have been watercolors instead of acrylic. Some of his pieces were painted on canvas' but then once hung on the wall, a frame and boarder was painted directly behind the piece on the wall. It gave great demension, it really looked 3D. Out of the three artists I've talked about from my visit to this museum, I have to say that visually, he was my least favorite, but peronally, really hit home with the images he portrayed.

No comments: